Okay, I don't know where to even start. After our trip to Haxtun for Easter, I think I got a 24 hour stomach virus. All I have to say is wow. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom and was exhausted. Justin had to basically take care of Jade. Then I started feeling better. Since I was sick Jade has not been herself, more fussy and not sleeping until the climax on Saturday and Sunday nights. She did not sleep from Friday night until last night. . just when she was so exhausted, and only about 30 minutes. She would cry and cry. So Monday we took her to the pediatrician. She had lost a significant amount of weight. So far we have figured out that I am probably not producing enough milk for her. We started supplementing formula last night and she is back to her happy self this morning. She slept from 8pm- 7 am this morning only getting up at 10pm(we woke her up) and 3am to eat. We go back tomorrow to have them check her out and to see if she has stopped losing weight. If we are still having problems, they have tentatively scheduled us a procedure at Children's hospital to see if she has acid reflux. So yesterday was a long day. . . being when the twins's were due a year ago (even though I know they would have arrived early) and worried to death something was wrong with her. I think I will have an entire head of gray hair before she makes it to her first birthday. Hopefully tonight she has another good night and I can relax!!!
2 comments:
I remember getting the flu when Etta was young and had to suppliment her with formula. I had next to nothing in me. I hope that that was the only problem with Jade rather than acid reflux. Keep us posted and I'll keep her in my prayers. Hope everyone is getting good sleep now.
Children's?OOOHHHHH. Knife in my heart:). (It is a great hospital but I am partial) Too bad they will not skip the procedure and just treat her for reflux and see if she improves. Poor baby!!! Hang in there!!!
Post a Comment