So here are some random thoughts and updates. . . .
Jade is doing well again. We had a weight check today 11lbs. 6.5 oz., up 9 oz. from last week. So I guess nursing and formula will be out route for now. Boy do her diapers stink!!!
I got this stuff called Mother's Tea to help increase milk for nursing. Oh my goodness. . it is disgusting. They say 3-5 times a day. Yuck. I hope I will see a difference in the next couple of days, if not adios. I literally take a shot of it to get it down.
I was craving carrot cake the other day, so I tried the new Duncan Hines mix with "real carrots and raisins." DISGUSTING!!!! Actually threw it out, Justin would not even eat it.
Made some good potatoes from Cuisine at Home-- I will put the recipe at the end of the post.
Purchased "Super foods for baby's and toddlers" by Annabel Karmel. Can't wait to make some of the recipes for Jade. . . .Orzo with creamy mushroom and cheese sauce, or chicken, sweet potato pea puree.
Jade is doing great on sleeping at night, just up once. Her naps, that's another story. Cat naps seem to be it for her. UGH!!!!
Joined the gym again tonight . . it will be more difficult with Jade, but Justin has agreed to watching her for at least two times a week while I go work out!!!
Shannon and Will, a couple we met through our losses of our children, just got back from Ethiopia with their son Jude. You can click on their blog "Trek to Ethiopia" on my side bar. Go welcome Jude to their family!!!
Recipe for potatoes
1 1/2 lb. small red or gold potatoes, quartered
2 TBS. minced fresh or 2 tsps. dried rosemary -- I used a lot less like 1/2 tsp. of dried.
1 TBS. stone ground Dijon mustard -- I just used Grey Poupon
1 TBS. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Preheat oven to 400. Coat shallow baking dish or pan with non-stick spray. Partially cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Mix rosemary, mustard and oil in a bowl. Add potatoes to coat, Sprinkle with panko crumbs, salt and pepper. Roast them 30 minutes, then gently stir. Bake until potatoes are golden brown on most surfaces another 10 - 15 minutes.
I doubled the recipe.
I think next time I might add a little fresh Parmesan on at the end.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Random Updates and Thoughts. . . .
Posted by Jill at 3:35 PM
1 comments:
I have all the ingredients for the potatoes so maybe I'll try them tomorrow evening. I'll let you know what we think.
I too had gotten the mothers tea after getting the flu. I drank it in as few gulps as possible, I agree with the taste. I also did fenugreek. Not sure if either of them had much of an effect on the milk. I suppose everyone is different anyway. Hope it all works for you.
Post a Comment