Well I survived the cerclage and it went good. I actually got to come home tonight. We got to the hospital around 11. They put an IV in and started me on antibiotics, then we got to see the baby on ultrasound before the procedure. That was a relief. Then back to OR for the spinal, then the cerclage. Most of you know my experience with epidural with twins was horrendous!! Between hitting the nerve, which is still somewhat numb in my leg, to the wet tap (where the fluid leaks) so it only worked on half of my uterus and I had spinal headaches where they have to take blood from your arm and place in your back. Needless to say this time, I was a nervous wreck. The spinal block is a little different, they thread a small needle tube in your back, then administer the meds, then take it out right away. Okay it went better, but still not a fan. It took two tries and some painful screaming, but it worked. I did have the same problem as before, the meds go really high in my body, like up to my chest, therefore, dropping my blood pressure really low. Which I am so glad the anesthesiologist listened to me, because he already had the meds to bring it back up before I passed out. He was really nice. After I was numb (2 minutes later), the procedure took less than 10 minutes. I turned my IPOD on and talked to anesthesiologist during it. Okay girls, you think stirrups are bad at the gyno, you should of seen the apparatus my legs were in today. No modesty for sure!! I was in recovery for about 4 hours, then they said everything looks good and I got to come home. I got to see our baby one more time before we left. I am so sore. I will not be moving for a couple of days for sure!! I have some pain meds, meds to prevent contractions and antibiotics to take over the next week. I go back in a week to check the status of the healing. I will have to say the anxiety was much worse than the actual procedure. It wasn’t pleasant, but not as bad as I imagined.
Thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts!!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Home from hospital
Posted by Jill at 9:32 PM
2 comments:
I am SO GLAD you're home and all is well! You were on my mind all day yesterday, and it was the most welcome email that you were in recovery. Rest up, and relax now - what a relief! :) :) :)
Love,
Corinne
I am glad that the procedure went well too. I hope you get some much needed rest mentally and physically.
Post a Comment