Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Here we go again. . . .

Well we struggled when to share our news with you. I know some of you know and some don’t. I am pregnant again, just finishing my first trimester. We now understand there is no safe time during a pregnancy. We spent a lot of time deciding on what to do after the twins got their wings. We had five frozen embryos left and decided to go ahead with another IVF cycle. It was a difficult decision, but after talking to our doctors and support people, we realized there is no right time. We came to the conclusion that this whole year is going to suck with holidays, milestones etc. . without the twins. I was not willing to wait until Jan. of 09 to try again. I needed hope and answers. We knew emotionally, financially and physically it would be stressful (and it has been), but as someone told me “the greatest reward sometime requires the greatest risks.” I was worried telling people what we are doing, because I did not want them to forget about the twins or think we are replacing them. They will always be our first born, and can never be replaced. But Justin and I want more than anything to be parents to a living child.

So in May we went through a frozen embryo cycle and we are pregnant with one baby. The pregnancy has already been a roller coaster ride, with me on and off bed rest. Overall things are going better. We had our big first trimester ultrasound and genetic screening this week and preliminary results were great. The baby looks wonderful!!

Anyway, July 30th, I am going in to have a small surgery done, that is called a cerclage. (it basically sews me shut until 36.5 - 37 weeks). It sounds like I will be in the hospital overnight. We need all the positive thoughts and prayers possible. Stress levels are at an all time high at the McDaniel house.

So the next couple of months Justin and I will be staying pretty close to Denver (maybe a few Wyoming games if the docs say okay) and hoping for an uneventful pregnancy and a healthy baby come January. We will update you right here on the blog about the pregnancy. Right now we are just trying not to think or talk about the pregnancy too much and relax. (That is the nice hint of don’t bombard me with phone calls or e-mails on a weekly basis asking how I am doing.)

Also check back in a couple of days for a blog about a non-profit organization that I am on the board of directors. It holds an annual walk and auction each year for people who have lost a child. The money raised funds bereavement packages (like the one we received in the hospital) to local hospitals. I believe there was over 700 people there last year at the walk. I hope to see lots of you there Oct. 11 for the walk. Our website is launching in a couple of days!!

4 comments:

Corinne O said...

I am here for you, and can only imagine the stress and worry that this pregnancy brings with it. I say my prayers daily that you will be able to bring this little bundle home in 24 weeks or so, and raise him/her to know about their big brother and sister JL and JL. Always, Corinne

Kristi said...

Hi Jill,

I am hoping for the best and sending positive thoughts your way.

Maureen said...

Hi Jill,
I am very happy and encouraged for you that this pregnancy will be successful.
Thoughts and prayers for you and Justin.

Thinking of you,
Maureen

Anonymous said...

I thought I posted a comment on here after your post when up. I'm loosing my mind! Jill, I am so glad you came out to everyone. You need all of your friends and families prayers to get you through this tough time. We pray nightly for you and can only imagine the difficulty you go through on a daily basis. Their is nothing more that I want, than for you to have a child to love. You have had years of struggle and this child will have more love than he/she will know what to do with. Any name ideas yet?