Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Vacation Days One and Two

All year I look forward to our Florida vacation.  We left early Saturday morning and had a connecting flight through Houston. The kids did great on the plane. The first flight they looked at magazines, played with their toys and watched a little TV. The second flight we broke out the movies. We landed in Tampa around 5. This year we were smarter and Justin dropped me off at grocery store before we got to the island while he took the kids to eat. We rented the same house as last year. The kids shared a room with two double beds and Justin and I had a king bed.  The kids did really good in the same room.  The next morning we got up and swam in our pool, then we biked to the beach. Then biked to the fresh fish market for lunch.  Justin would swim the kids while I prepared lunch.  Naps then off to eat.  We ate the Rod and Reel that night.  A restaurant at the end of the pier.  YUMMY!!  I had blackened Wahoo and Justin had blackened Mahi Mahi.  I don't have any pictures from that night, because it started to rain when we got to the end of the pier.  It rained and rained.  AFter an hour we left and carried the kids through the rain to the car to go to the ice cream shop.  Two scoops is amazing they have 32 homemade ice-cream flavors.  First night Jade and I had bing cherry and gator tracks.  Justin and Jase had blueberry pie and praline and cream.  The first couple of days it rained every night, so we did not get to night swim until Thursday.




I love this picture. . you can't tell but they are holding hands.


Next year Jade will have to be on a tag-a- long.  It was a pull for Justin.
This is what we ate almost every lunch from the fresh fish market.  Steamed shrimp, sauteed scallops, crab and lobster cakes with a salad.  



0 comments: