Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Another catchup post

So I forgot to post this, ,so it is a little behind.  I don't even know where to start. . . I am really far behind posting.  It has been very hectic here.  Thanksgiving was crazy.  We went to Haxtun Wednesday night and came home Thursday night.  I had brined a turkey, so we took it to Justin's parents, which then Thanksgiving moved to his uncles.  I have a great recipe for a pumpkin mousse, which I will be making next year.  Next year, we are staying home for Thanksgiving definitely, hoping to go to Disneyworld that next week.  I am working on that plan.  Saturday after Thanksgiving Justin's nephew played in the High School State Championship football game in Denver, so we tailgated and watched the game.  Unfortunately they lost, but Kolt had a great year as a sophomore starting on varsity. 

 It has been a warm fall with many trips to the park and playing in the backyard.

 Jade helping me make cookies for the RTF event and for church.

This past week was so busy.  On Saturday was the Rowan Tree Candlelight Service, it is such a beautiful event.  Then on Sunday was the twin's angel day and Jade's Christmas program at church.  It was very weird watching Jade be an angel in the program on the twin's angel day.  It was just a long day to begin with.  I can't believe it has been 5 years ago since they were born.  I wonder what they would be like today.

 This is the plaque that will go in front of the twin's tree we donated.
 Lily and Jade after the candlelight service.
 Jade before her Christmas program.  They sang 4 songs.  She did great!!





I have been trying to decorate for Christmas in the midst of all this chaos.  We are headed to Arizona soon, which our plans have changed up with that.  We are all flying down, but I will be driving my parents home.  My dad was in the hospital for a week in Yuma with double pneumonia.  My brother went down to help out.  My dad is scheduled for surgery in Tucson on Dec. 31 where they will remove his bladder, a kidney, lymph nodes and do some reconstruction.  However, they are coming back to Colorado to meet with another surgeon.  After having my dad in the hospital in Yuma, we are trying to convince him to have the surgery up in Colorado.  It is a major surgery with a hospital stay of at least a week and a long recovery.  We need to be able to help my mom out.  So we will see what happens.  A couple of extra prayers for my family would be very much appreciated this holiday season.

0 comments: