Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The Walk to Remember Care Packages

Tonight we assembled bereavement care packages for the Walk to be delivered to area hospitals. First I want to give a big shout out to three people today who were amazing Amy, SuzAnne and Leslie. Starting yesterday people started calling and e-mailing they could not come all of a sudden. UGH!!!! For the past two weeks, Justin and I have worked endless hours, unpacking wrapping etc. . the 6o some boxes that arrived at our house. No sleep the last two days organizing, baking refreshment etc. . . So when the e-mails and phone calls started this morning with little sleep. . . panic set in until these three girls stepped up. THANK YOU!! THANK YOU it meant so much to me that you came through in the 9th inning all in different ways.


The night turned out better than expected with more volunteers showed up than I ever imagined after 11 cancellations. We assembled around 400 bags and almost all of the hospitals are being delivered too. YEA!!!! It just reaffirmed why I do this after meeting so many new bereaved parents tonight and hearing their stories, plus I get to share our story about the twins. We actually had people here tonight that had received our bags in the hospital after their loss. After a very gloomy start today, I am exhausted but I can smile. Thank you my dear friends and new friends. You made a difference today in my life and someone's else.

PS don't forget the walk is Oct. 9th, 2010 this year, with the online auction the week before. . hint hint. . . The money we make on the auction pays for these care packages!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on getting the packages put together Jill. Maybe we'll be in your neck of the woods in October. If so, I'll see if we can take a trip up that way.