Here is my update on everything that has been going on the last couple of weeks.
On Dec. 6, The Rowan Tree Foundation had a Candlelight Remembrance Ceremony. It was beautiful. We lit hundreds of luminaries that lit the path to the angel and the remembrance walls. Then Corinne had a hot chocolate and holiday sweets buffet afterwards. Earlier that week, I also attended the MISS Holiday party. It was really nice to go back and spend a night with all our grief support people. I lit the candles for the twin’s one year angel day, then we had snacks and made ornaments. Also I am in the process with Jen M. coordinating the completion of 300 bereavement care packages that will be delivered to Denver hospitals soon. Our front room is full of boxes!!!
We had another trip to the doctor, and lemon drop is doing great!! She is almost 4.5 lbs. My blood pressure is still hanging in there. Last week was the last time I saw my high risk doctor at Skyridge Hospital. I will see my nurse this week, then on Monday 22, we are transferred to the same high risk practice at Presbyterian Saint Luke’s Hospital (PSL), which handles more high risk patients and has a top NICU unit incase she shows up early. I have not been feeling the best, but that is nothing new. Have you ever heard of morning sickness coming back at the end of the third trimester? I guess it happens, and of course it happened to me. I am looking forward to having some days where I don’t throw up.
We had baby care and childbirth classes at PSL this weekend. We survived. The childbirth class was hard on me because as we went through the process, I kept thinking about the twins. One more thing down.
This weekend the nursery will be painted a lime green, so we can the next week get our candyland decals on the walls.
I forgot to mention we had a roof leak. UGH!!!! Thank goodness it was covered by our builder by our home warranty. So in our living room, we have a hole in our ceiling that will be fixed on Thursday. Thank goodness because it is cold here -19.
Other news. . our little adopted son (Kyle 34. . soon to be 35) is getting married. YEA!!! He finally asked Ethnie to marry him, and she said yes!!! He is all grown up now. :( We are so happy for them!!
This week another busy week. . breastfeeding class, Rowan Tree movie screening, house repair, haircut, painting, dr's appointment, Christmas cards and shopping. It might not sound like much, but for me right now, that is a lot. Sorry for the long post. . but there are your updates.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Updates
Posted by Jill at 10:24 AM
3 comments:
I hope you start feeling better soon! Just think, you could have been sick the entire pregnancy. What...breastfeeding? I thought it was going to be formula for you? Tell Kyle congrats!
Hey Jill,
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I'm so glad things are going well with your lil' lemon drop! Since you're such a dedicated reader, I'll share a little secret with you that I haven't posted on yet. I think we've moved up to #4!!
Shannon
Oh my gosh Jill. You have so much to do. I wish you felt better! I am waiting for my christmas card. By the way can you email me your mailing address, I have managed to misplace it. I am so happy for Kyle, tell him Congratulations for me. You better take some time to rest too!! Merry Christmas to you and Justin, Chopper and Lemon Drop too.
Post a Comment