Monday, November 10, 2008

Upcoming holiday season feeling like a clown

Yesterday at church, they have an angel tree where you take a tag off the tree and bring the gifts back. We picked out two tags, for a baby boy and girl. We tried to find tags with the same age of the twins would have been. All the other holidays I have purchased the twins gifts, and placed them in their memory box. So I guess this will be better for everyone, but I sure wish I was buying the twins their own gifts for Christmas and watching them on Christmas morning. I can’t believe it has almost been a year. Sometimes it feels just like yesterday we were holding them telling them good-bye, and other days it seems like a lifetime ago or a bad dream that actually happened. I just want to get through their angel day in one piece and think about bringing home a healthy baby girl in January. Most days I feel like I am a circus clown with a happy face painted on, but with a sad soul sometimes especially with the upcoming holidays. I can’t wait to get until January 1, 2009 – that means we have survived another holiday season and that our lemon drop will be here soon. Only 51 days until 2009.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill, I can only imagine how much your heart hurts every time a holiday rolls around. I hope lemon drop helps ease the pain a little in 51 days! I promise to call soon, I've been sleeping in due to a cold and miss calling in the morning. I wouldn't dare call you in the morning your time...I might wake you up. Are you sleeping in until late morning? I remember when you'd stay up super late then sleep the morning away.