Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

I love election day. I love watching the results coming in. I have a meeting tonight at 6pm, I think it will be short, so I will be home by 7-7:30 to watch the early results come in. Of course, I am rooting for Barack Obama and Joe Biden being a democrat. I enjoy the interactive state maps they have on all the news show. I dropped off our mail in ballots last week. Either way history will be made tonight and I will be glued to the TV all night. I am taking a nap this afternoon, so I can stay up all night to the wee hours of the morning. Bible study on Wednesday morning might be a little rough.

What else I love about election day is that tomorrow there will be no more political commericals. I don't have to continuously hear those annoying words of "maverick" "change" and "anyone named Joe - as in six pack or the plumber." We can all go back to the Pepsi, Viagra, and Tide commericals.

My last dig. . .you know what I also love about election day. . . George Bush on his way out. . Don't worry most of my Republican friends and family feel the same way about George Bush as I do. I will miss laughing at his news conferences. I don't know how he passed English class.

Anyway. . .GO out and VOTE TODAY!! If you don't vote today, then don't complain about politics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what the voting turn out will be? Sounds like even the early voting was way up. Pretty exciting! I am glad we live oversees, we never see anything political anymore and we don't get annoying phone calls. It's great. I too will miss Bush's address. Man, we laugh all the time. I doubt we'll get that with the next president, who ever it will be.

Jenny said...

YIPEE . . . OBAMA WINS!