Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Sleepless in Denver

Most of you know that I used to love to sleep, I wish that was the case now. A nice night of sleep from 10pm-8am would be wonderful. After the twins died, I was literally scared to sleep. I just knew something else bad was going to happen. JL’s used to move at night from 11pm-2am, so I would go to bed after 2 most nights. Plus I started having some nightmares where I could hear the twins crying, but I could not find them—I would run around the house, then go to Wal-mart to look for them. You know it is a true nightmare when I am in Wal-mart anytime. (In case you don’t know, I truly dislike Wal-mart) Literally, the month of December Justin and I slept only a couple of hours a night, both of use struggled with sleep. Then he had to go back to work, so he started sleeping better. Yea, that never happened for me. So I have some bad sleeping habits right now.

My schedule is go to bed around 3-4am, and get up around 9am. To say the least I am walking around in a fog most days since I am not drinking caffeinated beverages. Speaking of that I had half of a diet Pepsi around 4pm the other day. . oh goodness. I felt like crap after drinking it, in addition I went to bed when Justin got up at 5am. I just can’t do caffeine and don’t want to. I thought going to the gym every day would help, not so much. I spent 2 hours and 12 minutes at the gym today, and let’s see it is 2:02am Wide awake!!

Every time I lay down my mind races, so many things to think about, some good, some bad. Justin tried to get me to take a nap this weekend, I fell asleep for about 15 minutes, then up again. I can’t even nap. :(

So looking for ideas to help fall asleep, that don’t include Ambien or alcohol, already tried them. Ambien actually worked really well, but I hate taking meds, so only took a couple. And I don’t have enough calories a day to waste on alcohol, unless I am seeing Bon Jovi. (that will have to be another blog, --yea went to Bon Jovi/Daughtry last week if I remember right. . the large amount of margaritas has clouded my memory of that long night)

Any ideas? Post here or e-mail them. I guess I am off to count stupid sheep!!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm also looking for ideas on sleeping! Send any advice my way! Why didn't you email me last night? I was up as usual!

Sleepless on Odessa Circle

Kristi said...

Hi Ladies ~

Sorry to hear about your restless nights. Not sure if this will work for you but what worked for me was taking a long HOT bath and then spraying my pillow with lavender. Reading always puts me to sleep too. And then of course crying myself to sleep worked too. But I am sure you have already tried that.

Anonymous said...

Hey, alcohol never works for me either but I notice I do sleep better after reading for a long time. Hate to say it, but especially after reading the old testament. So, grab a chapter of Numbers and you might get a few more hours sleep.

Lysandra said...

I don't sleep much either but I don't know why...I wish I had some advice. I am glad to see you are hanging in there though. Crying myself to sleep helps for me too. I have done that quite a bit over the past few years. It sounds really crazy but it's the crazy stuff that seems to work or make sense.