Do you ever feel like you are staring in your own movie – a horror film for me lately. That you are watching your life go by in slow motion. We can’t seem to shake this black cloud we are under, and honestly I am getting real tired of our bad luck. It has been three months since the twins got their angel wings, sometimes it seems like yesterday and other days I struggle to remember little things about them. Thank goodness I have some pictures.
This weekend Justin and I went to a one year anniversary dinner for a couple whose daughter that got her wings early. We actually had a wonderful time. Everyone was so nice and compassionate, and the food was excellent. It was very nice to meet the rest of their family, (we knew her mom from the support group) It was also inspiring seeing a family who has survived their first year. On the way home we talked about what will it be like after a year, what will we have to honor JL, who will we invite etc. . .
Let’s see what else is going on . my dad has been in the hospital since Friday in Arizona, and they are still trying to figure out what is going on. He has had pneumonia the last month, plus they are also looking at his heart.
My best friend is pregnant and they found out that their baby has a fatal genetic condition. So heart breaking . . . They have decided to name their little girl Jillian Ellen after the two grandmothers and me. So beautiful, yet so sad. It is devastating watching someone so close to you in a similar situation of losing a child. As we were going to a support group last week, she told me “this is not how I wanted us to meet new friends.” So true!! However, I am extremely grateful to the people I have met through this journey. I don’t know if I would have gotten through this without their help. Such kind hearted souls that really understand, and take the time to care even when they have busy lives. I hope someday you all will get to meet them at a gathering or fundraiser.
I received a card/note from someone last week, that was so touching. She is someone from our hometown community that has suffered a loss. It is those gestures that makes more good days than bad days.
Anyway the last two weeks have been rough, but we are surviving. Looking forward to Spring and a new beginning with some good luck. You know St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner. . me being Irish. . hoping for some Irish good luck.
You have to check back next week either Monday night or Tuesday, I will have a funny interesting blog about something I am doing.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Random Events
Posted by Jill at 11:22 AM
0 comments:
Post a Comment