Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Why the names JL and JL?

So I have had lots of people ask me why JL and JL for the twin’s names. When Justin and I started this journey almost seven years ago, we choose these names Jase Edmond and Jade Emma before we even got pregnant. We did not want to give up that dream and the happy place we were when we choose those names. I had referred to them as Baby McDaniel’s most of the time I was pregnant. Most of you know I only wanted 4 letter J names, preferably one syllable. So we didn’t have a lot of choices. Also I was not prepared at all to pick out names after they died (it was very overwhelming), but we needed to for all the legal paperwork. (death and birth certificates, social security and taxes) We decided on JL and JL because, they are both Justin’s and I initials, and we wanted something to symbolize they passed as brother and sister together. So that is why we choose those names. Don’t know if we will ever use the other names, but was not ready to close the book on that chapter of our lives yet.

0 comments: