Well it has been just over a year that Justin and I moved back to Colorado. It seems just like yesterday—we were pulling out of the Haynes driveway and I was sobbing. So let’s compare the two.
Weather: Even with one of the worst winters on record this year, Colorado wins this battle. Now if I would have had to drive to work everyday in the snow--my vote might have changed. It is June 26, and I have not turned on the air conditioner yet in Colorado. For those of you outside Arizona, we kept out air conditioning set at 80-82 in AZ, and if we had guests maybe 78. Well the hottest our house has got this year has been 78 downstairs and 81 upstairs. It hit 100 in Denver this week even, but it has been in the high 80's mid 90's most of the time. It is nice having a two story to open up the windows at night since it does cool down at night here. Plus none of my make-up has melted this year in the car. Colorado 1 – Arizona 0
Food: Arizona wins by a landslide. We miss our Mexican food—Filibertos, Cantina, Macayos, Chino :) Coloradoans think “On the Border” is Mexican food. We did find a good South American and Italian restaurant, but that is it for Denver dining. Colorado 1 – Arizona 1
Environment: Colorado wins this battle. The mountains and scenery is beautiful here. I love sitting out on the patio looking at the mountains. There are so many hiking trails less than an hour away. Plus the Bronco’s Training Camp is about 15 minutes away and we did not miss a Wyoming football game all year. Colorado 2 – Arizona 1
Lifestyle: CO is the winner again. It has been a blessing to have the year off and get moved into the new house, exercise etc. . A much more relaxed and healthier lifestyle for both Justin and I. However, I miss teaching very much and laying by the pool drinking margaritas. Colorado 3 – Arizona 1
Friends and Family: Arizona wins this battle due to numbers. The first three months were very hard after the move, and then Ryan and Jenny moved up here which has helped a lot. However, I have not ventured out besides Ryan, Jenny and Kyle. It was an adjustment especially when you worked with your best friends 6 hours a day plus went out on the weekends with them. I like spending time with people who have the same liberal views and values on life as me. :) The family thing has not been too bad - again another adjustment. I loved living in my Arizona bubble, but could not convince my sister to move to AZ. Colorado 3 – Arizona 2
So I guess overall, Colorado wins the battle, but I will always consider Arizona our first home and would move back if the opportunity presents itself sometime in the future. But I am enjoying living a reduced stress lifestyle (actually seeing my husband everyday) and looking at the mountains each day instead of the dessert.
Where is the best place you have ever lived and why?
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Arizona vs. Colorado
Posted by Jill at 5:14 PM
1 comments:
Even though I have no friends here in Monterey, this place is awesome. Farmers markets with fresh fruits and veggies, weather in the 70's during the summer, and an ocean view! As long as I make some friends this year I might just love this place. However, I miss Phoenix and Vegas (but not the heat)!
Post a Comment