Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Harvest


Well last Wednesday we went out to Haxtun to help with wheat harvest. Actually Justin worked and I read books. It is Justin's favorite time of the year, kind of like mine is Christmas. Needless to say not my favorite time of the year, growing up on a farm for two weeks--the saying was "not until harvest is over." You get up early(6:00am) and work late (11:00pm) and by the end of harvest everyone is tired and grumpy. Plus growing up as kids,-you had the crap work of cleaning up the combines, tractors etc. . Anyway for my husband he loves it, I think he loves eating his mom's cooking for a week. He got a big hot breakfast every morning (pancakes, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy) not to mention fried chicken, roast, hamburger, steak etc . . for lunch and dinner. You know the saying "Beef it's whats for dinner", , and breakfast and lunch. Of course all of it was homemade and delicious. He was in heaven. Anyway I got caught up on some reading. I read "Beach Road" by James Patterson--very good and I am reading "Blood Orange" by Drusilla Campbell. Any new summer reads you can recommend? Blog or e-mail me your responses--I am always up for a good book.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did some hard work lately (me too)! I've read 5 books since my doctor put me on modified bedrest and none of them have been super reads, just used books my MIL has given to me or picked up at the store. I did enjoy the Rita Mae Brown book Paydirt, but I always enjoy her Sneaky Pie Brown books. If you haven't heard or read any of them, you should check them out. Some of the dialog come from the main character's pets. Too cute!