Monday, December 18, 2006

Recipe 3: Festive Torta

Here is a great appetizer for the Holiday season.
Festive Torta

1 - 1 oz. package Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
2 - 8oz. packages of cream cheese
1 1/2 - 2 jars (6 oz. each) of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 small jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
3 TBS. of fresh parsely
Garnishes below

Cream the cheese and dressing mix. In a seperate bowl, stir together artichokes, peppers and parsley. In a 3 cup bowl, lined with plastic wrap, alternate layers of cheese and vegetables mixtures beginning and ending with the cheese layer.

Chill four hours or overnight. Invert on a plate. To make it look pretty. Place green leaf lettuce down on a white plate, then invert. Garnish with little grape tomatoes on the side. On the top of the torta, make a small hole and cut some chives in half and place in the hole.

Things to be happy about today:
My life: "that my husband hit the toilet vomiting from his excessive red wine drinking at my Christmas party"
The book: "taking a short stroll before deciding on new shoes

1 comments:

pdavis said...

Jill, you are little slow on the go now! Too many parties, such little time I guess. Lisa, Marci and I are doing lunch this week with the kids. I hurt my back but still worked out this morning. My new living room furniture is ordered and being made as we speak, along w/my new built in entertainment system. We got Ken's nana's piano and I found out my babysitter's mom does piano lessons! So, the girls and I are taking lessons now. I'm having a great year at school, unless you count the lack of friends I have there now! I'm going to try your minestrone soup recipe - I'm always looking for one as good as Carraba's. Tatum has her first loose tooth and keeps wiggling it around with her tongue - it is totally grossing me out. She was in charge of watching the dog outside today and let him poop in the neighbor's yard. I made her put a plastic bag on her hand and pick it up. It was so funny cuz she started gagging! Better her than me!