Friday, May 02, 2014

Almost there

Just two more days till my half marathon.  I finished my last run, my last cross train and my last weight and ab workout Wednesday and Thursday. I am taking two days off before which is literally the first time in over a year I have taken two consecutive days off from exercising.  Can I just tell you how nervous I am? I feel ill and can't sleep.  I know I can complete it.  I have ran over 13 miles in my training 3 times.  I think I am more nervous because I know the pain that comes with running that far.  Plus I am aiming for a certain time.  It is going to be a warm this weekend, which I would rather run in the cold.  I can pretty much guess how the race will go.  Mile one yippee. . . mile 2-4 just suck. . .always my slowest.  Trying to get in a rhythm with breathing etc. . mile 6 there is a hill. . crap. pull out the gu gel. Miles 7-9 running even pace.  Mile 10 start picking up the pace to reach goal ignore the pain in the knees. Mile 12 - the last mile always my fastest. Say a prayer Sunday morning for me please.

0 comments: