One year ago I could not even run a mile. I ran my first mile last year in June. Today I completed a half marathon 13.1 miles of running. Honestly it really has nothing to do with completing a half marathon, but everything to do with losing the weight and being healthy. The half marathon was just a step in my journey. 14 months. . . Final stats. . 102 lbs. lost, 82 inches lost. (arms, waist, legs, shoulders, neck, hips) I went from a size 22/24 to a size 4/6. Yes I feel so much better. I get that question a lot. All the tiredness and aches are gone. So much more energy. The only problem with losing so much weight is all the excess skin, but I am slowing getting over that. I feel good that is what matters.
So the alarm rang at 3:30am. Got an the bus at 4:30am. Then you sit and wait in the dark in the mountains or in the port-a-potty line for an hour and half.. The wait was the worse. Very intimidating seeing 1400 other runners. This is me at mile 8. Justin and kids were cheering me on. Jade had made signs that said GO MOM. That made me feel so good. I was feeling pretty good at that point. Mile 10 was rough.
Justin and kids got me flowers and a beautiful necklace. They are the best!!
Me with Kendra A. (Justin's cousin) and Lisa S. (Darren's sister)
Will I run another run? Yes. Next goal under 2 hours. But first Justin has to train for the Courage Classic and I have to train for the Total Divas Triathlon.
I would like to say thank you for all the phone calls, texts, e-mails today, this week and this past year. They helped so much to keep me motivated. Now off to have some celebration mexican food.




0 comments:
Post a Comment