Saturday, December 07, 2013

Fa La La Race

Fa La La. . So Monday I ran 6.5 miles and it was 50. Today (Saturday) I ran the Fa La La 10K (6.22 miles) it was -1. Yes that is - 1. I am pretty sure I will never run a race colder than that. It went much better than I expected. It took me just over an hour (60.38) to run the snow packed and icy course. So my pace was 9.4 minute miles. I will have to say that first miles was horrible. . my feet were cold, pins and needle cold. Then I settled in and just tried to hit my mile marks. I was not cold after the first mile, but my eye lashes had icicles on them the entire race that bothered me. One positive is my hip did not hurt, it was numb from the cold. Three things that made my day 1) I ran a 10K I could not have done that a year ago 2) when you registered they asked some questions and wanted some tidbits. I put that is was my first 10K and I had lost over 80lbs. in 2013 they announced that when I crossed the finish line and I had lots of random strangers hug and high five me. 3) Justin and kids had balloons when I got home that said Congratulations It was just too cold for them to come watch.  The temperature in my car right before the race.

You can see the snow packed course we ran, some of it was clear and some was not.
When I got home.
What is next?  Maybe a sprint (shorter) triathlon.

0 comments: