Friday, August 03, 2012

Busy Busy. . .

I don't know where the time has gone this summer. We have been busy busy busy. Justin was gone for a week for work. That was a very long week. Jase is a a daddy's boy. The first night he screamed "my daddy" for 2.5 hours. It got better as the week went on. At the end of the week, I went out to Haxtun to help paint. We are painting and organizing Justin's parents house. Justin came out after he got home from Florida. That weekend was Old Fashioned Saturday Night, so we stayed for that, then drove home late that night. Then Sunday, the old gang got back together. Charlie was in town so we had everyone over for dinner.  I found a great horseradish herb butter recipe that we topped the grilled ribeyes with, not to mention the rhubarb margariatas I made. . YUM!!  It was a great night eating and drinking on the deck. We missed Charlie's wife Tenielle though she went back to Boise early. Then Jase had his 18 month check-up. He is doing good. . skinny and tall just like his dad. Very active. Then we put up 180 ears of corn with the Salvadors that weekend so we can have fresh corn all year long.  Jessa came up and stayed with us after treatment on Tuesday.  We had a good time.  This weekend we are going out to eat to celebrate my parents 50th wedding anniversary, then we have a picnic at the zoo for Justin's work on Sunday. Then it is time to get ready for our Florida trip. . . sun, pool, beach, Disney . . can't wait. I hope it is somewhat relaxing because the next weeks after we get back are crazy busy and Justin has to travel again. If we can get through September, things slows down just a little.
Look at the Little Bo Peep costume I got from the cousins. . .we also have a sheep costume.   


Jade loved the little rides in at Old Fashioned Saturday night.  So much we stayed an hour extra longer.  The rides are $.50.  I spent less than $5 for 2 hours of fun.  Jade rode back with me, and Jase with Justin.  Jade tells me "I need to go potty". . it is 9:45pm.  We pull off at McDonalds. . .she then says we should eat.  We are sitting at McDonalds at 10pm eating happy meals. I think she just wanted a happy meal. 
This is adorable little grain carts pulled by a mower.

Jade and Jase love to pick the garden.  I catch them eating the cherry tomatoes and green beans all the time.  Yes, Jase I found you again sitting in the garden eating. 
Kids love to have picnics outside.  They just love to be outside.  I wish it would cool down a little it has been hot here.
So I guess you are all caught up. Sorry for the lapse in blogging. Just been busy.  It has been a great summer spending time with our own family and the extended families.  However, I am looking forward to a snow day (weekend) this winter.  The kids will be waking up from nap soon, so better get something ready for dinner.

0 comments: