I used never to really like fall, but the last couple of years I am enjoying it more and more. Cool morning and nights, football and Corn Festival. Until Thursday I was dreading the new season because I thought I was going to be stuck in the house for it. Now there is the hope of maybe attending a football game or going to Corn Festival. Justin got home yesterday afternoon so we all went out to dinner last night. . it was wonderful. Today we did a little shopping, which always lifts my spirits.
Then (are you sitting down for this) Justin and Jade went to Laramie to the football game. This was a big step for me -- having Jade that far away from me and gone for half the day. Honestly I was little bored home alone. I wish I could be at the game. . . I miss it. But I really want to go in a couple of weeks, so I will wait and let the pregnancy get alittle further along. They will be home in about 3 hours.
Monday is our fantasy football draft. . that I won last year ;) That should be fun!!!
I am hoping we can make it to Corn Festival at the end of September. What is Corn Festival? It is our little town's festival. I think Jade is old enough this year to maybe do the penny scramble -- (look for pennies in sawdust) Hopefully the dr. will give me the okay to go. Here is agenda for it
Haxtun 89th Annual Corn Festival
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Entry to the festival is free and booths are set-up on main street most of the day.
(map of Haxtun)
7 am - Fireman's breakfast in the Fire Hall
8 am - J.Jeffryes Memorial Run/Walk (Starting line on main street )
8:30 am - 4:30 pm - High Plains Heritage Quilt Show at the Haxtun Community Center
8:30 am - Awards for runners on main street ; Parade registration at Haxtun Community Center & lineup at grade school parking lot
9 am - Parade judging at grade school parking lot
9:45 am - Kiddie Parade (no motorized vehicles)
10 am - 89th Annual Corn Festival Parade on main street
Following parade on main street : Pedal Tractor Pull; Carnival booths; Food Court; Vendors
11 am - Paymaster at Haxtun Town Hall till noon; FFA Auction
Noon - Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Beer Garden south of Town Hall open until 4pm - first time they have beer garden and I am pregnant. Go figure!!!
12:30 pm - Little Miss and Mr. Corn Festivall on main street (Pre-registration required)
1 pm - Street games begin, followed by live music
- Johnny Miller Memorial 2-Cylinder Tractor Pull
- Five Point Pitch Tournament
5 pm - Demolition Derby at Haxtun Arena
6-9 pm - Alumni meeting at Haxtun High School gym
9 pm - Dance at Haxtun American Legion
Other events: Crop & garden show, flower show, Cooking with Corn Contest & Cake decorating
So I am looking forward to September, but not as much as January when he will be born. Could it really happen twice for us and we get to bring home another baby to raise? There is hope and happiness right now. One week at a time. . .
Saturday, September 04, 2010
September
Posted by Jill at 8:04 PM
0 comments:
Post a Comment