Friday, August 06, 2010

Dr. Update

Yesterday, I had my Dr.'s appointment. My placenta is still low and covering the cervix. . UGH!! I kinda knew it would not move that quickly, but you can always hope. There are three types of placenta previa's, and I have the best one that could move. Since it is still over the cervix and they don't know if I have an incompetent cervix. . I am stuck in my bubble (house) for another two weeks when I go back again to the Dr. Why the concern? If he placenta bleeds, it comes out through the cervix, therefore, irritating it. Since my cervix is weak, it can open more easily if I bleed causing preterm labor. Then there is the risk of infection. I saw my normal doctor, the one who delivered Jade, he more positive about the pregnancy which helped.

It was nice yesterday to get out, drive a car, see adults etc. . The most I can be up at a time is 30-45 minutes. Then I have to be down for half that. So I am up cooking for 45 minutes, I have to be down for 20 with my feet up. I asked if I could go to Target . NOPE. Of course no lifting, which is difficult with Jade, but she has learned to climb quite well.

There was a lot of good news yesterday. . they did not see any proof of bleeding or pooling of blood. He looked really good, we looked at his brain, heart, kidneys, arm and leg bones, etc. . all good so far. He is measuring a full week a head, which is good if he come early. My cervix was nice and long. He was really active yesterday on ultrasound, moving around.

My sister came up and watched Jade yesterday. Jade got to be outside a lot of the day playing with the water table, sidewalk chalk, and the plastic climbing thing. She loved it!!!

We thought we might have to get me some more permanent help, but we are going to wait and hold off looking for a nanny until we absolutely need too. Pricey and the thought of having someone else help raise Jade does not sit well with me even for a small amount of time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be in my prayers Jill as well as baby McDaniel. How far along are you now? Have you agreed to a name yet?