Saturday, November 07, 2015

Blake

My nephew Blake (my sister's son) (our house guest this summer) ran cross country again this year. He did outstanding all year long.  The state meet was on Halloween.  Blake came down with a cold. Everyone was so stressed out.  Blake never gets sick.  He is the healthiest person I know.  He weighs and steams his broccoli every day, no processed junk etc. ..  Anyway everyone was freaked out that morning.  But it didn't matter. . . he placed 10th in the State in 5A the biggest classification in Colorado.  One of his goal was to get on the podium and he did it.  We got to see him 4 times on the course. . talk about a workout.  Cheer and sprint to the next spot.



Finishing the race.

Blake running through the creek.  I was right after the creek.  I was counting the places and I could have died when I saw him in the top ten still with just a little bit to go.
The team got 2nd place.  Blake's team are the lambkins so Jade dressed up as a lamb.




It was such an amazing experience to watch him do so well.  You can see how happy he is in the pictures. I told him that morning, no excuses mind over matter.  This is your last chance. He did it. So proud. Well Sunday Jenny took him to urgent care and he had a sinus infection.  He is now on the mend.  He will run one more time at Nike Southwest Nationals in Arizona in a couple of weeks.  I can't to see what he can do there healthy.

0 comments: