Monday, August 11, 2014

Outdoor Divas Triathlon

What a day Sunday was. It was my sprint triathlon. It was a half mile swim in union reservior, then a 12.9 miles bike run, and lastly a 3.1 mile run. It took me 1:45. The swim was tough especially with a sore shoulder. The bike and run were good. Swim took me 21 minutes then 2 minute transition(put shirt, shoes helmet and grab your bike), then 51 minute bike ride and a 1 min transition (rack your bike, grab a hat) and a 29 minute 5K run. For a grand total of one hour and 45 minutes.  It was hard, but I really enjoyed it. I would love to do another one. The run was definitely my strongest part. Who would have ever thought running to be my strong point?  During it is was probably harder than the half marathon just because you are doing three different things -- different muscles.  But the pounding of 13.1 miles on your body and legs is much worse in the half marathon.  Plus you can't have music during the tri.  I would have loved to listen to some music on the bike ride and run.  Justin and kids and Jenny and Darren came to cheer me on.

Jade and Jase made signs for me.

My little area.


It was a beautiful morning.

You see that second far away orange buoy.  I swam to there then we swam to the left then back in.
My sister took this of my wave starting.  I signed up for the 35-39 age group.  I decided not to sign up in the "first timers" group.  It was the last group to go and I wanted to get done.
I am grabbing my bike and away I go.

The picture area after the triathlon. 
I am just tired today, not sore which is nice.  All that weight lifting so helped.  My legs pulled me through. Even after swim and bike, I ran 9:23 miles for my 5K.  Well all my exercise goals are completed this year, but that doesn't mean I am done.  I am planning on running 3 more races.  Of course the Corn Festival 5K. That was my very first race I ever ran.  Then I am running the 15K (9.3 Miles) Hot Chocolate and the last one the same 10K I ran last year for the first time Fa La La Race.  It has to be warmer than last year it was -1.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Jill!!!! You rocked it even with an injury. Awesome!!!!!

Amy L