Amazing Weekend. . no other words to describe it. I am so proud of everyone who road their bikes to help raise money for Children's Hospital all in honor of Jessa. . one Spicy Hot Cruisers ( our sub team name) I am overwhelmed with happiness to see Jessa ride 82 miles the first two days, plus she will be riding 31 tomorrow. She finished her last chemo in April. I am very proud of my redneck hubby for riding his college mountain bike in a road race and doing an awesome job. I am sure he was not thrilled that I signed him up for this. It is a fabulous event. All of Copper Mountain is full of bikers and supporters. Very inspirational!! Friday we all sat around and chatted in the condo. So much fun. Darren's sister Dana and Shannon are one year older and one year younger than me. We all went to high school together. It was great to catch up with them. Jade loved her new friends she made.
Justin coming in the first day. The first day was 40 miles up and down Vail pass. Rough day for everyone
Jessa leading Shannon, Jenny and Darren in.
They look great after 40 miles.
I love this picture. Blake was a rockstar too. He finished before everyone.
Salvador family. . love love. .
Saturday I cooked a team meal for everyone and we had a picnic. I made baked ziti, garlic green beans tossed salad with homemade ranch and Italian dressing, grape salad, french bread, fruit sherbet salad, peach cobbler and scotcharoos. We had a great time and passed out some gifts. Darren's cousin Tempy and Jessa got top honors for raising $1200 and $1400.
The Salvador cousins.
You can kind of see Jessa riding in with her arm up on the second day.
Justin and Tempy coming in the the second day 42 miles that day.
Justin is not riding tomorrow, but everyone else is. . They had so many kids activities there. Saturday night we all rocked out to an 80's band. Jade loved this bungee jump. We kept busy while they were riding.
0 comments:
Post a Comment