Each year I write a blog on new years resolutions. I usually pick one word. Last year my word was Forward. This year my word is ENJOY. There are so many things to be happy about in my life. My mom, dad, and Jessa are all in remission. Jessa will be done with her treatments very soon. I just want to enjoy all time I can spend with my family and friends. I am going to ENJOY:
running, playing with my kids, trying new things, reading, cooking, traveling, getting stronger, Jade's last year before kindergarten and my last year with Jase at home (he will go to preschool next year).
Last year was a lot of hard work, now I am going to enjoy it and get stronger. It is a new year and I am going to enjoy every moment . . while playing with my kids, completing a triathlon and earning some rock hard legs. I got the best compliment the other day. . you have runner legs. Just wait to you see me next year.
Here is some motivation to get you started.
A year ago when I started my quest to lose weight and be healthy, I planned it out for the first 2 months of the year. I did research then I looked very closely at my schedule and my kids. I wanted to be able to do this without affecting them. Of course I would love to go to the gym for the 2 hours a day but that was not going to happen. I read on a couple of blogs about the power of 10. So I made my schedule with that in mine. How 10 minutes can change your day. 10 more crunches, 10 less crackers, 10 more minutes reading with my kids, 10 more minutes of dancing with my kids before nap, 10 more minutes of sleep etc. . Then I set up a very specific exercise goals and plans. I had these quotes I would read every day.
Not a diet, a lifestyle change.
No days off, no excuses.
Exercise to be fit, not skinny. Eat to nourish your body. Ignore the haters, doubters & unhealthy examples that were once feeding you. You are worth more than you realize
I will get healthier. I will look better. I will eat right. I will exercise. I will earn my body.
Don't be afraid to try new things.
Wake up with a plan, go to bed with satisfaction.
It's math stupid. (calories in versus calories out) Calculate each day.
Food is only nourishment for your body so you can exercise longer.
There is no WALK in RUN.
90lbs. later. . over 2 feet off my waist. I stuck to my plan for 10 months. It was hard at first now it is a habit. I love to exercise now and still live by these.
Monday, January 06, 2014
Goodbye 2013 and Hello 2014.
Posted by Jill at 3:33 PM
0 comments:
Post a Comment