Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pictures and Play Time.

I had the kids pictures taken about a month ago. They are getting so big!!


Jase looks so old here.

Jade has preschool camp this week.  They are learning about animals in the Bible.  I can't believe how fast the summer has gone.  Last week we went to the pool, zoo and had two play dates.

This was from last week, the dads made smores with the kids, while the moms enjoyed an amazing cake inside the house that Jenny made.  Pioneer Woman's (Ree Drummond) best ever chocolate sheet cake. . she is correct it is delicious and the best ever.
 Kade, Jade and Jase at the Splash park.
 Jade riding the carousel at the zoo.
 My kids love popcorn.  Favorite part of the zoo day.
 We moved Jase out of his crib to a toddler bed.  : (  No more cribs in our house.
August is a busy month -- our Florida vacation, Justin is traveling again for work, Justin's 40th Birthday trip to watch Wyoming play at Nebraska, school starts after Labor day, and football season (High school, college and NFL Games -- will take up most of our fall).  Can I tell you I am already tired looking at our schedule for August and September.

Now for my dilemma. . . . Do we take the kids to the Nebraska Wyoming Game?  It is Justin's 40th Birthday on the day of the game.

Pros of taking them:  They would have fun with other kids going.  Hotel stay with swimming pool.  Just having them with us.  They enjoy football games since we took them so much last year.

Cons:  2 days of being without them. . we have only left them for one night before. . like 20 hours.  This would be two full days.  A lot more work for us and for Grandma and Grandpa.  Early nights-- no going out for drinks to celebrate.  Long car ride for them (5 hours).  Babysitting-- we don't like to ask people to babysit very often just a couple times a year.  We waited too long for them to leave them all the time and I know we will need babysitting one time in Nov and maybe 2 times in December.

I know they would have fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house, but is the trip babysitting worthy?  Any thoughts. .

0 comments: