Monday, July 09, 2012

My 4th of July Project

So since Colorado had a fire ban on fireworks, we had a low key 4th of July. We actually watched the fireworks on tv in the dark. The kids loved it.  I just added seeing the Macy's 4th of July fireworks show in person to my bucket list. So I decided I was going to make a pie. As most of you know I cook a lot, but baking that is not an area I excel in. I can hold my own, but nothing spectacular.   I think it is the patience and preciseness of it that makes me frustrated. So I made my pie crust. . yes it does not look the best, but boy did it taste yummy. Next I made the filling which I combined three recipes and improvised. I used fresh rhubarb from our garden and fresh bing cherries. It turned out fabulous!!! It may be not the prettiest pie, but boy did it taste good. Now only if I could frost a darn cake. . .

Well off to plan a menu for this weekend. We are having a big barbecue and I have lots of food to plan and make this week. I hope everyone had a great and safe Fourth of July. This week starts an almost 3 full months of busy busy busy. So much stuff to do and get done, at least it will keep my mind off sending Jade to preschool. She has been so much fun lately, I really don't want to send her, but I will. Jase. . . well he is my firecracker. Funny story, Jade says a lot of things Justin says. (We all know Justin has some "interesting" sayings), well today I heard her tell Jase "Jase you are really getting on my nerves" as he was throwing her crayons. I think I have said that before oops. . Overall it has been a great summer with them.

0 comments: