Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Fourth of July

We went out to Haxtun on Saturday for the Fourth of July weekend. It was busy as usual. We went out to spend some time with Justin's grandpa, who is in the hospital and not doing very good. He is 92 I believe. Jade and Jase kept him and great grandma entertained during their visits.

Of course what is 4th of July without fireworks? Before we left on Saturday, Jade and I visited a fireworks stand for an hour, so Sunday night we had fireworks out at the McDaniel farm. Jade loved them, accept for the squealers. Then last night we went to the town fireworks in Haxtun, which are really good for a small town, and really close. Jase feel asleep during them. We got home a little after midnight last night, so we were all tired. Another chinese takeout week. 

Everyone watching the fireworks.
Jade and her first sparkler. 
I made a really easy and yummy pasta recipe tonight, so hopefully I will get that posted this week. Justin got an early (August 31) birthday present this weekend too, the Bose noise canceling earphones. I wanted him to have them this week (Gobble Gobble hint). I can't wait to try them out one weekend!!

0 comments: