Friday, March 11, 2011

Recipe : Red Wine Steak Pasta

This was a recipe from Rachael Ray Magazine, it was delicious.

2 flatiron steaks (1 one pound total) - you can use any steak, I used a sirloin

Salt and pepper

2 TBS. EVOO – extra virgin olive oil, plus some from drizzling

1 lb rigatoni pasta

1 small onion, finely chopped

1 small celery, finely chopped

1 small carrot, finely chopped

3-4 cloves, finely chopped

2 small sprigs rosemary, finely chopped

2 TBS. tomato paste

About 1.5 c. beef stock

½ c. dry red wine

½ TBS. Worcestershire

Shaved pecorino-Romano cheese

½ c. chopped parsley

Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Preheat a large cast iron skillet. Drizzle the steaks with olive oil and cook turning once, for 8 to 10 minutes. Let the meat cool, thinly slice diagonal. Cool pasta, reserve one cup of pasta water. In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbs. olive oil, add celery carrots and onion season with salt, pepper and the rosemary cook until softened, then add in garlic and cook for a little bit. Stir in tomato paste for one minute then, add the wine, stock, and Worcestershire lower the heat and simmer.

Drop the sliced meat into the gravy, then add the pasta, and the reserved pasta water if needed. Serve in shallow bowls and top with a drizzle of olive oil, cheese and parsley

** I just used one pan to cook everything, I took the meat out, and left the yummy juices in the pan and added a little olive oil for the vegetable.

** Also I added a little bit of sugar, depend on the wine you use. Taste before putting in the pasta.

** I did not use all of the liquid, I had a little beef stock and pasta water left over.

** I also used a little flour to thicken the sauce

0 comments: