Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The relatives arrived!!!

So in September my uncle Larry passed away in Louisiana. He wanted to be buried in Haxtun, so his four girls and Aunt Helen came up this past week for the burial of his ashes. Jade and I went down Friday and Saturday to see everyone.

Here is Aunt Helen with Jade Sat. morning. Here is my Aunt Pat with Jade. My Aunt Pat has more energy than anyone I know. She is still as fun as when I was a kid. You can tell she retired from teaching. . . she is amazing with all the kids. .any age.

Lexi, Jessa, Jade and the monkey.

Jade and the monkey

The girl cousins. . .Rick is the only boy out of all the girls. (I think 13) We were missing a few that night.
Lexi with two of the Haskins girls, Patsy and Debbie.Uncle Dick and Aunt Jeannie with Penny and Sandy (my Aunt Pat's girls)

Friday night, we went over and saw Aunt Darlene (Her husband Lyle passed away a couple of weeks ago). Needless to say I have seen more of my Potter relatives in the last month, then I have in 10 years. It is great to catch up, just so sad that they have to be at funerals.


Aunt Pat with her girls.



Aunt Pat and Aunt Darlene.


Aunt Helen and Penny

Jade at Grandma Gay's with the little horse, Justin's Christmas present when he was small.

I need to ask Justin's mom is she has a pic of him with the horse!!

Well it was a short trip. By time I got back Saturday, Jade was not feeling well. We took her to urgent care and they told us she had a bad cold. Well today (Tuesday) I took her to the pediatrician, she has a double ear infection, either RSV or croup, plus a reaction to the chicken pox vaccine, and her chest and face are covered with spots. Justin is still sick. The last two weeks have been a mess!!!

0 comments: