Monday, June 29, 2009

My day. . smiles always win.

Jade turned five months this weekend. I can't believe she is getting so big. So I have thought for years of what kind of parent I would be and I would say I am sticking to my plan 95%. . most of you are giggling I am sure. I have to have a plan for everything. That lone 5% is JS, no not BS but JS (Jade's smile). So around 3am, Jade started crying. We are working on sleeping through the night, so I turn down the video monitor slightly and turned on the TV to watch Early Today or poker after dark. 27 minutes . . she is back to sleep. I hope Jade's personality is like Justin's because I am very stubborn (from the Potter side). 27 minutes. . nothing for me so the score is Mom 1 Jade 0.

This morning she woke up early (7am-- that is early for her and me), but her diaper was dirty so up I went and changed her and she just smiled at me. Okay come in and cuddle with Mom and read some books. Mom 1 Jade 1

I try to create different activities for Jade to do each day -- that is the teacher in me. I decided to be a stay at home mom so I could do things with her so far I have not let watch TV yet. Somedays it is a hard balance when I need to run errands, but we manage. So today we walked to Walgreens to pick up some photos and worked on different sounds-- cars zooming by, airplanes above etc. . . I wonder if she gets tired of me talking and explaining things to her all the time. Then we came back and I was going to work on the dishes, so I put Jade in her bumbo. Well I see her trying to move the Bumbo to the fruit bowl. Textures was tomorrows activity. . oh well. So I begin our cooking game. She loves to feel different textures -- she loves the texture of a lemon, but not a tomatoe. Today I got out celery and was breaking it and and saying crunch. Then I handed her some frozen vegetables from the freezer. . That was funny, when she would sit them on her lap. She just squealed and smiled. It is funny that she expects to hold everything in fruit bowl, when she is on the counter. Dishes will wait until nap time. Mom 1 Jade 2.

Okay the flowers outside needed watering, so I put her in the Bjorn and begin watering the flowers. Well Jade keeps pointing her toes out trying to get in the water. By the end mom and Jade both were soaked and laughing. I think the flowers got some water. Mom 1 1/2 and Jade 2 1/2.

Well she has been sleeping for the past 1 1/2 hours and the dishes are still in the sink. So I guess I had better get movin' to get the dishes done and supper prep work. It is hot here today, so chef salad with some bisquits and a fruit layered pudding for dessert. Jade will be eating pureed carrots I made this weekend.

By the end of the day I am tired, but the house is pretty much in order and Jade has a smile on her face. So I guess we both win and onto tomorrow. . we will work on sitting up and crawling. I hope for a day filled with smiles. . that is what makes each day special with lemon drop.

0 comments: