Okay I am sitting here. .actually laying here bored bored bored!!! I am reading two books to pass my time "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren and "Blood Orange" by Drusilla Campbell. So far both have been interesting. Okay I started this blog a couple of days ago and I am finally getting back to it. I am finally off bed rest, but feel like $#%*. Still on a lot of meds. Anyway here is a few of my favorite things mostly websites. I have done A LOT of surfing the past couple of days.
www.mapmyrun.com - it is a site that lets you map the distance of your run or walk in your neighborhood
www.healthydiningfinder.com - you put in your address and you can find restaurants and menu's with somewhat healthy alternatives.
2007 Calorie King - Calorie and Fat Counter -- you can get online or at bookstores like Barnes and Nobles. It lists regular food, brand name food and fast food nutritional information. Very helpful and depressing.. . .I don't know if I can ever eat a piece of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory ever again. . . The Chocolate Chip Cooking Dough Cheesecake has 1910 calories and 72 grams of fat a piece WITHOUT the whipped cream. . . That doesn't fit anywhere to my 2000 calorie 50 fat grams diet. Here is another astonishing food:
Chili's Awesome blossom = 2710 calories and 203 grams of fat. Don't get me wrong, I knew those things were bad for you--but they are horrendously horrible for you.
www.wholefoods.com - they have an extensive collection of recipes with the nutritional information at the bottom.
Any new exciting things out there you have found this summer? (Okay this is the time you are supposed to respond on the blog-- not just read it.) :)
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Bored, Bored!!!!!
Posted by Jill at 9:43 AM
1 comments:
I don't know if I want to check out the website with nutritional facts, I'm scared to think how many calories and grams of fat are in the food we eat. However, I don't think I'll ever have a cheesecake from the factory ever again!
Post a Comment