Okay I am already slacking about posting on Friday. . . I don’t know where the time goes. Friday I was busy getting ready for my Mother’s Day Brunch. On Saturday, my mom Janet, grandmother Clara, sister-in-law Jamie, niece Lexi, Justin’s mom Gay and grandma Ann and sister-in-law De came up for a girls brunch. I had this idea since most of them are always taking care of other people and not doing things for themselves. It was nice time - we had rhubarb streusel muffins, vegetable and cucumber tea sandwiches for appetizers. For the main course, I fixed a quiche with bacon, asparagus, mushrooms, onions, feta and sharp cheeses; and a spinach, chicken, pear, dried cranberries, feta cheese salad with balsamic vinaigrette and a fruit salad. We had the carrot cake from the earlier blog. Anyway I had a good time planning, decorating and fixing the food. I only wish my sister and niece Jessa could have been there. (They got back from Spain yesterday) I hope all you had a special Mother’s day. Next year I hope and pray to celebrate Mother’s Day with our own child. Who knows what a year will bring though. .
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Happy Mother's Day
Posted by Jill at 5:54 PM
1 comments:
Sounds nice. We had a BBQ/swim party for both sides of the family over here. Many of the nieces/nephews did not show up so it was nice with no drama. Can you believe it? A Parachini family gathering without drama? What's this world coming to?
Post a Comment